“My heros. Maternal grandparents, Roy and Eileen Hudson, founders of Hudson Furniture and proud patriots.”
Picture is circa 1942.
My grandfather, a Canadian citizen at the time, fought in World War II as part of the First Special Service Force; a combined U.S-Canadian special forces unit also known as The Devil’s Brigade. Coming to this country after WWII with an 8th grade education and barely $50 in his wallet, he “hung a shingle” as an upholsterer – applying the only professional skill he knew at the time.
Over the course of forty years, he, my grandmother and my mother grew this small upholstery business into a full line, successful furniture store. My father’s father worked the land in rural northwestern Montana; bailing hay and growing crops in the summer and bearing the freezing winters of Montana, ensuring his livestock survived another season.
This history is important. It is largely what has shaped my worldview; that nothing worth doing is easy, that hard work yields deep satisfaction, and that even with set backs, we get back up and keep going; we don’t give up.
I believe this country is worth fighting for. The country that provided so much opportunity for my grandparents and parents, and frankly, me, is slipping away. I cannot stand on the sidelines and watch our freedoms erode, our Constitution shredded through executive and judicial overreach, and out of control spending ushering in a country I no longer recognize.
I am running to lend my voice and action on behalf of the citizens of District 13, to fight for the country we know and love – a country that has given us so much.
- 2018 to Current
- 2019 to Current
- 2016 to 2017
- 2014 to 2016
- 2010 to 2014
- 2006 to 2014
- 2006 to 2010
Bentley Consulting Group, LLC, Huntersville, NC
- Founded Bentley Consulting Group, LLC for purpose of leveraging three decades of corporate and government experience into a boutique consulting firm focused on developing strong organizations and high-potential leaders to succeed in times of rapid change.
- Practice focus areas: Reputation Analysis and Remediation, Executive Coaching
Community Outreach & Engagement, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare, Charlotte, NC
- Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for integrated, cohesive regional engagement teams, including the establishment of Division strategic plan and corresponding performance measures.
- Transformed departmental structure and operations through aggressive process overhaul and attention to quality.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas throughout Cardinal, ensuring effective partnerships, optimal utilization of shared resources, and awareness of common goals.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Government Affairs to align advocacy operations with community relations engagements.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with County Managers and Commissioners to understand and address concerns and provide accurate information regarding Cardinal Innovations.
Novant Health, Charlotte, NC
- Facilitated implementation of projects designed to improve patient access, optimize clinic workflows, improve patient and provider satisfaction, and enhance team member engagement.
- Partnered with physician leaders and internal stakeholders to oversee building of multiple new clinic sites – from design phase to “go-live”.
- Led efforts to reduce investments by 42% in subsidy clinics by identifying operational efficiencies, improving patient access and managing human capital.
- Supported senior leadership by accurately reporting monthly and annual budgets.
- Led 70-member team and implemented proven tactics to boost productivity and support organizational mission.
Novant Health, Charlotte, NC
- Accountable to Vice President of Operations for overseeing all aspects of clinic operations and professional development of team.
- Strengthened and aligned daily operations with patient needs based on collected feedback and continuous improvement plans.
- Supervised daily operations of 17 physician practices, overseeing clinic administrators across specialty clinics.
- Cultivated close working relationships with the entire staff, including physicians, senior administrators and market president.
Novant Health, Charlotte, NC
- Designed and built department responsible for improving reputation of organization in the local community; amplifying engagement efforts with key stakeholders and influencers.
- Developed and managed $1.2 million budget.
- Built team of four direct reports dedicated to partnering with community organizations that address critical needs of the community.
- Responsible for all aspects of organizational engagement with community stakeholders; “face” of Novant Health with major health-related nonprofits in Charlotte metro area.
Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, NC
- Served, with distinction, four terms representing 200,000 constituents in northern Mecklenburg County.
- Led efforts to investigate and rectify significant errors in county-wide property revaluation, resulting in return of over $100 million to taxpayers.
- Responsible for oversight of $1.3 billion budget in concert with Board colleagues, County Manager and staff.
- Held regular neighborhood meetings to maintain positive community relations and understand residents’ viewpoints about important topics.
- Proposed, debated and enacted Public Policy to achieve important results such as new schools, parks and other infrastructure for local community members.
- Established positive working relationship with media for optimal coverage of county activities and changes.
- Built relationships with strategic partners leading to economic development opportunities.
Merck & Co. Inc., Charlotte, NC
- Managed $6.3 million in franchise business, representing 15.5% of overall District volume, exceeding sales revenue goal by 5% over national sales goal.
- Identified key influencers in largest account; leveraged relationships to implement corporate strategies, resulting in franchise market share of 10.1%, far exceeding district franchise market share.
- Received numerous Awards for Excellence for project management and sales leadership.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
The University of Montana
Why vote for me?
I am running to serve.
I am uniquely qualified to serve the people of the 13th district. I am not an entrenched politician and I am not aspiring to seek the attention of a national audience.
I have a strong record of public service; serving four terms on the Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners. I am no stranger to navigating difficult waters. I have successfully challenged the bureaucracy on behalf of my constituents and I have demonstrated my ability to get things done, even as a member of the minority party on the Board.
Professionally, I have had a successful 30-year career in healthcare and now am a small business owner, consulting and advising executives and business owners.
Personally, I have been married for 32 years and my husband and I have successfully raised two daughters and are proud in-laws to two wonderful young men, and have been blessed with two grandchildren. We have called Huntersville home for over two decades; we raised our children here, we grew our lives here, we served here.
It would be my honor to take my commitment to authentic service and my love for our way of life in western North Carolina to Washington, DC and be your voice on critical issues that will impact our generation and generations to come.