Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, NC
- Served, with distinction, four terms representing 200,000 constituents in northern Mecklenburg County.
- Led efforts to investigate and rectify significant errors in county-wide property revaluation, resulting in return of over $100 million to taxpayers.
- Responsible for oversight of $1.3 billion budget in concert with Board colleagues, County Manager and staff.
- Held regular neighborhood meetings to maintain positive community relations and understand residents’ viewpoints about important topics.
- Proposed, debated and enacted Public Policy to achieve important results such as new schools, parks and other infrastructure for local community members.
- Established positive working relationship with media for optimal coverage of county activities and changes.
- Built relationships with strategic partners leading to economic development opportunities.